1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following categories of information from you (“Information”), which includes:
- Information that you give us that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as the individual’s name, email address, employer name and position (“Personal Information”);
- Information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual user (“Non-Personal Information”). When Non-Personal Information is directly or indirectly associated with Personal Information, this Non-Personal Information is treated as Personal Information;
- Information you provide to us when you access or use the Site, for example, when you provide information to the Site or communicate with us by email;
- Information collected automatically by our servers that records certain information about how a user uses our Site (“Log Data”). Log Data may include information such as a user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, the web page that a user was visiting before accessing our Site, the pages or features of our Site to which a user browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, search terms, the links on our Site that a user clicked on and other statistics. We use Log Data to administer the Site and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) Log Data to improve, customize and enhance our Site by expanding their features and functionality and tailoring them to our users’ needs and preferences;
2. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
- You may give us the information described in Section 1 above by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
- opt-in to marketing information;
- sign up for our newsletter; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- As you interact with the Site, we will automatically collect certain technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, web beacons, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive technical data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
3. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION BY DIRECTBOOKS
DirectBooks may use your data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the Site and the information you request;
- To communicate with you about our products and services and send you information about features of our products and services;
- To ensure consistency with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you;
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- To optimize or improve the content, products, services, and features of the Site;
- To monitor and analyze the Site usage and trends and otherwise measure the effectiveness of the Site.
If you have chosen to receive communications from us and no longer wish to receive such communications, you may unsubscribe as set forth in Section 5.
4. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER COMPANIES
We may disclose your Information in a variety of circumstances in connection with the operation of the Site as described below:
- With third party service providers that help us provide our products and services or provide the Site on our behalf;
- With our affiliates, subsidiaries or parent companies;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law such as to comply with a subpoena, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies or that such sharing is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property and safety of the Site, its users, it employees, or others;
- Proactively with local, state and federal law enforcement and/or with other web and mobile marketplaces if we believe there is harm to another user or the general public;
- As may be required or permitted pursuant to any applicable law, rule or regulation or court or administrative order;
- In connection with an actual or potential merger, sale, acquisition, assignment, or transfer of all or part of our assets, affiliates, lines of business, or products, including at bankruptcy; and
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed to you at the time of collection.
We may also disclose aggregated, anonymized information to third parties
5. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. You may do so by emailing Legal@DirectBooks.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
- You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails at any time by following the instructions included in those emails. Please note that if you choose to opt out of receiving such communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails.
- If you are a California resident, you may contact us by emailing Legal@DirectBooks.com, with any questions or to request a list of third parties to whom we may disclose Information for marketing purposes and the categories of information we may disclose.
6. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not seek or knowingly collect any Personal Information about children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
If you are the parent or guardian of a minor child who has provided us with Personal Information, you may contact us at Legal@DirectBooks.com to request it be deleted.
8. DATA SECURITY, INTEGRITY AND RETENTION
Although you may set privacy options that limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share on the Site will not become publicly available. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Site. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services. Please be aware that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
10. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
11. HOW TO CONTACT US
Any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of Personal Information should be directed to DirectBooks at Legal@DirectBooks.com.